On Guard is one of DoTERRA’s most popular oils. This powerful propriety blend is favoured for it’s purifying and immune support properties.
On Guard Contains 5 Essential Oils:
- wild orange peel
- clove bud
- eucalyptus leaf
- cinnamon bark/leaf
- rosemary leaf/flower
How To Use On Guard Protective Blend
- Home Surfaces
- Topical Application
This oil has so many uses, I could go on all day!
On Guard isn’t just for bugs and germs, it’s also very uplifting when diffused. With feedback from customers stating they have reduced the amount of sickies being passed around in the home it’s no wonder the oil is so popular.
- Germ Buster Diffuse On Guard Protective blend anytime you are concerned about picking up nasty seasonal bugs going around.
- Breakfast Boost Cook yourself up some Banana Pancakes using On Guard
- Freshen Up Your Carpets Add 15 drops of On Guard to 250gm of baking soda. Mix, sprinkle then allow it to sit for 60 mins, Then Vacuum.
- Protect Your Laundry! Add On Guard to your wash during the rinse cycle for incredible smelling laundry and clean machine.
- An Apple A Day….. Soak sliced apples in water and a few drops for a healthy, immune-boosting snack.
- Hand Cleaner Combine a few drops of Doterra On Guard with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural hand cleanser
- Boost your Immune System Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for an immune boost.
- Protect While You Sleep Put on the soles children’s feet at night during cold & flu season to support immune system.
- Oral Hygiene Apply On Guard directly to your teeth and gums to soothe irritated gums.
- Twinkly Toes Apply topically to the toes and nails to combat fungus.
- Steam Clean Add a few drops to the water in your steamer to disinfect the carpet.
- Sharing Is Caring…But Not Always! A few drops of On Guard in spray bottle with water works wonders on grimy doorknobs, hand railings and countertops.
- Freshen Up Your Bin When you do your wheely bin clean, spray it out and leave a few drops of On Guard on the bottom.
- Ditch The Harsh Shower Cleaner – Mix 5-6 drops of On Guard with 125gm of baking soda to clean your shower & bath.
- Sore Throat? Mix with a tbsp of water, gargle for 1 minute then swallow at the on-set of a sore throat.
In a 2010 canine study, researchers discovered On Guard weakened the influenza virus in canine cells that were infected. They also found that the oil can prevent the virus from being able to replicate into stronger strains. The virus was still able to replicate itself, however, the weakened state of the virus made it easier for the immune system to fight off.
- Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- Avoid contact with sensitive parts of the body such as eyes and inner ears.
- Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product to skin.